Water-based, fire-rated, flexible intumescent sealant
DESCRIPTION : Is a water-based acrylic sealant suitable for use in internal and external expansion jounts and for penetrations requiring a fire-resistant seal.
Fyreflex expands when exposed to fire to form an inorganic plug in joints and voids, assisting in the prevention of fire transmission across partitions in a buliding.
Fyreflex combines exceptional UV and water resistance with excellant flexibility, non-slump properties and ease of application, making it ideal for internal and external application.
- interior & exterior joints between concrete, plasterboard, blockwork, fibre cement and brick walls
- building services' penetrations including pipes, cable trays, conduit and ducts
- adheres strongly to common construction materials such as cement, concrete, brick, plasterboard, timber, steel, aluminium, glass, and polystyrene
|Size / Colour
|Carton of 20 x 600ml sausages
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Up to 4 hour fire rating when tested in accordance with AS1530.4 (FCO-1579)
- Excellent adhesion to most common building materials
- Easy application, tooling and finishing
- Good flexibility accommodating joint movement of ±20%
- Excellent UV & weather resisrance
- Interior and exterior use
- Water-based, non-flammable & non-toxic
- Paintable with water based paints
- Proudly manufactured in Australia
Joint substrate should be clean and free of standing water, oil/grease, concrete spatter, dirt and dust, concrete release agents, bond breakers and other chemical or debris. Where chemical or debris are present, these must be removed by chemical or mechanical means prior to application (consult the chemical manufacturer for correct removal process). Failure to do so will risk adhesion failure at the sealant edge/interface.